Buenos Aires, Argentina

We decided to wake up early and do the other free walking tour in BA. This tour was around the Recoleta neighborhood. The tour was a long one--almost 3 hours! Luckily we had a break in the middle for some empanadas. The tour included Teatro Colon, the widest street in the world (av. 9 de Julio), the Big Ben of South America, and ended in the Recoleta Cemetary, where Eva Peron is buried. The neighborhood was upscale and appeared to be where most of the embassies were. We ended up walking past the most expensive place ($12,000/night!!!) you can rent in Buenos Aires where celebrities like to stay. The tour was most of our day but overall it was interesting and the tour guide did a good job again.

After the tour, we spent the rest of the afternoon walking around Recoleta. One of the cooler places that we went to was an old theater that was converted into a bookstore. Tonight was tango night in our hostel and I convinced Jenny to learn tango with me :)

I opened my big mouth and when the teacher went around the room, I said I could speak Spanish and English. So I was stuck translating but I did okay! I definitely winged it some of the time but overall, I think was able to explain everything. The tango is not easy. We weren't the worst but we weren’t the best either. The guy steps are way easier to learn but putting it all together was tough. We had fun though!

After dinner, Jenny and I decided to check out a local brewery called Antares and go out with Daniel again since it was his last day in our hostel. The beers were pretty good, I got a cream stout and Jenny got a honey beer. The brewery actually teamed up with O'dells in the US to make some beer too.

*****
Lodging: Art Factory San Telmo
Activities: Buenos Aires Free Walking Tour (Recoleta), Maria Alejandra Riva Tango Lessons
Restaurants: Antares Brewery



Comments